Trad Nirvana: J. Press Tweed, Circa 1953
One of the great things about thrift store shopping is finding something that seems like it comes from another world. This J. Press coat I found over the weekend is a perfect example. It’s a custom job, completed in October of 1953.
The tweed on this feels like it could stop a bullet. In fact, sixty years later, it’s completely unscarred by time. It could well have just come off the production line. Unlike J. Press today, which usually features a single hooked vent, it’s unvented, but it still features the classic three-roll-two button configuration.
I only wish that it fit me.
It’s the little things like hidden details, traditional post, heavy card, cloth boxes, hand written notes, stories & unexpected gifts that make the difference in this world of #DressedByInternet generation..
(at Republic of Wadiya)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 20 Things I Wish I’d Known When I Was 30
This is a really lovely piece from a genuine class act. A guy who really is worth paying attention to. I just turned 32, and I’m still trying to figure out how to live a balanced, grown-up life. Kareem gets it.
Stranger things have happened.. #iphone5 (at Hungry Jack’s)
Style and things that make you go mmm… Follow:
Check out the things Jesse and I found on eBay over the weekend. I particularly like some of the things we have listed in the bags and footwear sections today, but if nothing here catches your interest, you can always use our customized search links to find more deals. We have them for high-end suits, good suits, high-quality shirts and fine footwear.
- Brooks Bros. brown checked tweed, 41R
- Ralph Laruen grey herringbone sport coat, 42L
- Ralph Lauren grey suit, 42L
- Various coats, various sizes
- RRL toggle coat, S
- Brooks Bros. field coat, S (pictured above)
- Pea coat, S
- Gant Army shirt jacket, S
- Engineered Garments green jacket, S
- Holland & Holland rain coat, ~38-40
- Barbour tan jacket, M
- Freemans Sporting Club plaid jacket, M
- Crescent Down Works grey vest, M
- Loro Piana suede quilted vest, M
- Crescent Down Works brown parka, L
- Barbour International, L
- APC beige parka, L
- Burberry quilted jacket, L
- Cucinelli suede jacket, XL
- Tan v-neck sweater, S
- LL Bean brick red sweater, M
- Drumohr cable knit sweater, M
- Nigel Cabourn Fair Isle sweater, L
- Bowring checked shirts, 15
- Paul Stuart purple shirt, 16
- Thom Browne grey plaid shirt, M
- Hilditch & Key shirts, 17-17.5
- Some nice shoes, various sizes
- Vintage boots, various sizes
- Heinrich Dinkelacker shoes, various sizes
- RRL engineer boots, 8
- Brooks brown oxfords, 9
- Shell split toes, 9
- Edward Green tassel loafers, 9
- Brooks Black Fleece pebble grain boots, 9
- Crockett and Jones brown wingtips, 9.5
- Sid Mashburn double monks, 9.5
- Crockett & Jones suede derbys, 9.5
- Tods brown suede chukkas, 10
- Loake suede chukkas, 10
- Crockett & Jones black split toes, 10.5
- Red grenadine
- Put This On club tie
- Two navy Ralph Lauren ties
- Bow ties
- Diamond print ties (E. Marinella, Drake’s)
- Lands End extra long green knit tie
- Barbour backpack
- Muholland fishing bags
- Muholland green carry-on
- Vintage Abercrombie & Fitch fishing bag
- Vintage Abercrombie & Fitch travel kit
- Vintage Ray Ban Clubmasters
- Bunch of pocket squares
- Pipe stand
- Painting of a ship
- Rubinacci pocket square
- Hermes watch
- Scottish Estate Tweeds book
If you want access to an extra roundup every week, exclusive to members, join Put This On’s Inside Track for just five bucks a month.
Local brew to set things in motion.. #firstworldpelotonproblem #rapharamadan #raphagentsrace #rgr #iphone5 (at No Vacancy)
Got a couple of things through Put This On in the mail the other week! They’ve been putting their pocket squares up on Etsy, but only what hasn’t sold through their Gentleman’s Association subscription, so they don’t last long. The tie I found through one of their regular eBay roundup posts, and it’s definitely one of my favorite items at the moment.
Wore two of the things on this rack today haha.
even if this was all my closet consisted of, i’d be happy.
Imagining what life’s most boring, banal and awful things would be like with an added dose of Kanye.