Something is brewing & most definitely not for the #DressedByTheInternetFavela
(at Fat Buddha)
Tom Rileys 1st vintage of his TBRILEY Shiraz/ Cabernet from the Gruetzner Vineyard in Apsley. It is an incredible single vineyard wine that I had the pleasure of drinking earlier today. Avaliable soon at TBRILEY.COM.AU or at PJOHNSON showrooms.
GALIBIER.. Single digit weather is settling in down here in the antipodes, no where as brutal as up in the northern hemisphere, but then we do get better tan lines
(at Appartmento Wongolini)
Glenn O’Brien, shot for GQ
Some things are the best things
I want to make a documentary in which fan boys/girls get to live with the celebrities they idolize and fantasize about for a month and then realize how they’re not at all what their minds want them to be and then everyone is miserable.
what’s this? signs of life from the depths of the XXBC headquarters aka the epicenter of hurricane chris aka the inner crust of pizza planet aka the bowels of- well, you get the point. we’re alive. we’re well. and we’re coming for you, sidney deane.
Glenn O’Brien’s leather Schott Perfecto with the Basquiat crown.
Two Closeout Sales
Two stores are having closeout sales at the moment, both with pretty good deals.
The first is at Pockets Menswear in Dallas, Texas. The owner is retiring, so everything in the store must go. Things at this point are discounted about 75% off. Nelson there tells me they have
- Zegna shirts for about $ 120 (sizes 15.5 through 17, and medium through extra-large)
- A few Incotex pants for about $ 70 (sizes 32 through 34 waist)
- A couple of Boglioli sport coats for about $ 500 (sizes 44 and 46 in US sizing)
- Lots and lots of ties from brands such as Luciano Barbera, Zegna, Nicky, Seaward & Stern, and Altea. There’s also a couple of E. Marinellas left, but not many. Prices for these are about $ 45. For ease of ordering, I’ve included ten photos of some of their inventory. When you call, you can tell them something like “I want the brown tie on the left hand side of picture 8” (or something like that). Note, in pictures 1 and 3, those are mostly wool knits, but there are some in silk.
When you call, ask for Nelson. He’s familiar with Put This On and the photos above, so he’ll be able to sort you out. Their phone number is (214) 368-1167. Nelson said it’s fine to call today and next week, but ideally not over the weekend, as they get super busy then.
The second sale is at Independence in Chicago. They’re selling off all of their Swims Premium Classic galoshes and pricing them at $ 60. Colors available include orange and black. Again, you have to call in the order, however (the number is 312.675.2105). Ask for Timothy.
“The revolution that started in food is expanding to clothing: origins matter…”In the clothing industry, everybody wears it every day, but we have no idea where it comes from,” said Michael Preysman, Everlane’s chief executive and founder. “People are starting to slowly clue in to this notion of where products are made.””
– From today’s New York Times article “Newest Front for Fair-Trade Movement Is Retail Clothing”.
Night rider.. Must get home in time to watch “The Voice”! #firstworldcommutingproblems #raphatowrope #iphone5 #vsco (at Republic of Wadiya)