Tomorrow, Monday, for one week, our Summer of White Tees returns.
Group buy on Alternative Apparel white t-shirts. Less than half retail.
Just a public service announcement.
Just another Monday .. #iphone5 (at USA Nails & Foot Spa)
“O Canada, are you ready? Details coming this Monday. #crowdfundcanada”
suit : PJOHNSON Napoli, mid weight cord from Ariston
Tie : PJOHNSON Milano knit
Pocket sqaure : PJOHNSON ZIG ZAG
Yuppie scum monday. Stylist and editor George Cortina in pinstriped business dress, single breasted and double breasted suits, both with peaked lapels. Note the drape in the chest of the suit jacket and the sloped jacket shouder, both suits are by Savile Row tailors Anderson&Sheppard. Click to enlarge.
Here’s a little somethin’ for your Monday night and the rest of the week…
A little while ago, I made this tape of the soul samples that had been used in some of my favourite Hip-Hop songs. The response was far better than I could have imaged.
So, over the last few weeks I’ve been tracking some more samples, rippin’ vinyl and listening to a whole lot of soul music, and the result is Volume 2. Just like the first, it’s mixed as one tape, then separated into individual tracks. The tracks are in order, so play it through as one tape. Play it loud. Play it over and over.
Hope you guys like it. Tracks are as follows;
- Feeling Good by Nina Simone (sampled in Birds Flying High by Juelz Santana)
- That’s How Long I’ll Love You by The Chi-Lites (sampled in December 4th by Jay-Z, prod. by Just Blaze)
- Cry, Cry, Cry by Bobby “Blue” Bland (sampled in Cry by Guru, prod. by Ayatollah)
- Nothing Can Change This Love by Otis Redding (sampled in The Corner by Common, prod. by Kanye West)
- Everybody Needs Love by Gladys Knight & The Pips (sampled in Brooklyn Zoo by Ol Dirty Bastard, prod. by RZA)
- Oh! Girl by The Chi-Lites (sampled in Girl by Paul Wall, prod. by Speez)
- We The People Who Are Darker Than Blue by Curtis Mayfield (sampled in Dart School by Raekwon, prod. by Mathematics)
- Superman Lover by Johnny “Guitar” Watson (sampled in Supa GFK by Ghostface Killah, prod. by Ghostface Killah)
- Nothing Can Stop Me Now by Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. (sampled in Blade by Earl Sweatshirt)
- As Long As I’ve Got You by The Charmels (sampled in C.R.E.A.M. by Wu-Tang Clan, prod. by RZA)
- Jealous Love by Wilson Pickett (sampled in Super Model by Cappadonna feat. Ghostface Killah, prod. by True Master)
- Strung Out Over You by William Bell and Mavis Staples (sampled in Down & Out by Cam’Ron, prod. by Kanye West)
- Distant Lover by Marvin Gaye (sampled in Spaceship by Kanye West, prod. by Kanye West)
- Pieces Of A Man by Gil Scott-Heron (sampled in What A N***A Know by KMD & MF Grimm, prod. KMD)
- My Way by Irene Reid (sampled in My Way by Kanye West, prod. by Kanye West)
- Morning Sunrise by Weldon Irvine (sampled in Dear Summer by Memphis Bleek fear Jay-Z, prod. by Just Blaze)
Shirt : Old denim by TM
Jacket : Light weight silk wool mix
Trousers : Mako cotton
Pocket sqaure : PJOHNSON Wool silk
Shoes : Moc boot PJOHNSON
Tie : Arny’s Paris
Monday night cultural expansion program for my Monkies.. (Taken with Instagram at Zushi)
Monday morning cheesy goodness.