intoyourear replied to your post: Hi Pg, I’m getting married by the end of the year, do you have a recommendation for the perfect suit?
Her day? It may be her day, but it’s his day as well! He is right to be asking for the perfect suit on his wedding day, just as any girl is looking for the perfect dress.
I knew this was going to get a reaction.
Let’s be clear, a perfect suit is one that FITS & you don’t need to wait for your wedding day to have a sit that FITS.
If you read my last sentence, I specify that the perfect suit is one that “matches the occasion dress code, subtle in delivery”.
This is not you chance to finally bust out all your well honed internet research skill or reference your own re-blogged tumblr page, but your chance to show that you are a gentleman of well honed manners & understanding of decorum for such an occasion.
If you want to go all Liberace or some GANGSTAH/NBA/NFL/”insert sport team” ALL STAR, then knock your self out.
I’m just saying respect the day.
BUT – if you don’t have a suit, then this is a great opportunity to get a suit that FITs.
INTERNET DUMMY SPIT GUIDE – let me boil this down to a few bullets as this has been discussed many times by professionals & those that think they are simply because they re-blog.
*Assuming the occasion is not “white tie”, “black tie”, “morning suit” or any variation of formal.
- Navy or dark grey suit in a cloth that is suitable to the season. Drop the ticket pocket or hacking pockets. Opt for a classic shoulder line (context is wedding not Pitti ) & lose the fancy contrasting stitching or multiple buttons to unbutton (as if you are about to perform surgery).
- White or pale blue shirt with a handsome collar (spread or semi-spread, NO BUTTON DOWN).
- French or double cuffs is appropriate – but for the sake of internet peace, simple links please.
- Dark or silver grey tie that has a discrete pattern such as nail head, herringbone or tight geometric of a fine weave (not a knit tie as much as you want to show that you are internet intelligent).
- White cotton pocket square & a small flower that compliments the bride (would be nice).
- Black cap toe shoes – STAT
- & yes dark socks..
Finally, what is a perfect suit? A suit that fits..
Your wedding day is stressful enough, so be yourself & stop fidgeting at every mirror as all eyes will be on the bride, then brides maids, then the other women & then maybe you if you are not a pea cock doing the Liberace with your band of merry men.
A friend of mine recently got married – He opted for grey suit, white, shirt, silver grey patterned tie etc etc. & he looked great & the bride was glowing..
& that is the lesson for today.
Want proof? http://beijing1980.tumblr.com/